Shawn Council practices primarily in bankruptcy and criminal law but also handles business litigation and elder law cases for clients in the North Texas area. He takes pride in helping clients through some of the most stressful moments of their lives - helping them get out of debt or protect their rights after an arrest. Mr. Council takes the time to listen to every client to fully understand his or her personal financial goals, values, and their side of the story. Then, he develops a legal solution based on the client's individual needs and best interests.
Before law school, Mr. Council played music professionally across Texas and still enjoys playing and teaching guitar today. However, while music will always be a hobby, Mr. Council decided to dedicate his professional life to helping clients through their legal issues during what can be a very worrying and confusing period in their lives. His goal is to try and relieve some of the stress and worry by helping to put a firm plan in place to get back on their feet, no matter what the situation. He is dedicated to helping clients tell their side of the story while protecting their rights and best interests.
Coming from a modest upbringing himself, Mr. Council understands that situations are nuanced and that no family should have to bear the full legal burden of a criminal, bankruptcy, elder law, or litigation issue. He is here to provide the guidance and support that his clients need.
- Texas A&M University-Commerce
- Cum laude graduate
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration
- Oklahoma City University - School of Law
- Cum laude graduate
- Merit Scholar
- Phi Delta Phi Honors Society
- Juris Doctor
- Accredited attorney with the Veterans' Administration
- The Supreme Court of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of TX
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of TX
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of TX
- Texas Bar Association
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers' Association
- American Bar Association
- ABA Young Lawyers Division
- Rockwall Bar Association
- Rowlett Chamber of Commerce, Ambassador
- Hunt County Bail Bond Board, Defense Bar Representative